Farview values and respects your privacy and the security of your data. We want to be fair and transparent with you in the way that we collect and use your information.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed. The type of personal information that Farview collects depends on the legitimate purposes for which it is collected but may include
- contact information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, job titles, places of work, work addresses, photos, career biographies, dietary requirements;
- financial information such as payment related information;
- if you are an actual or potential investor, consultant, supplier, adviser or have another business relationship with Farview, information required to verify your identity, including passports, identification documents and proof of home addresses for ‘know your customer’, anti-money laundering, references, background checks and other similar checks;
- any personal information that is contained in consultancy agreements, engagement letters or other forms of written agreements;
- information relating to your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences;
- technical information such as information from your visits to our website including, without limitation, internet protocol (IP) addresses, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- information gathered in relation to a recruitment opportunity, including your CV, which we may have received directly from you or, with your consent, from Farview employees or a third-party.
When do we collect personal information?
Farview collects information from or about you during the course of our business relationship with you, including, without limitation if:
- you are an actual or potential investor, consultant, supplier, advisor or have another business relationship with us;
- you are a founder, entrepreneur or other individual who is or may be interested in the work we do or the opportunities we provide;
- you visit our website, contact us through the form on our website, or you engage with us on social media;
- you visit one of our offices or attend an event organised by us; and / or
- you choose to provide us with your personal information during business encounters, for example in the form of a business card.
Farview may collect personal information from you directly, from public sources or from third parties, such as business associates or recruitment agents.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We will only collect and use your personal information when the law allows us to.
Typically this includes circumstances where:
- it is reasonably necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities to you;
- it is in our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of third party) to do so, and such interests are not overridden by your privacy interests;
- in some cases, it is necessary or desirable for us to enter into, and perform our obligations under our contract with you; and/or
- we have obtained your consent.
Farview may use your information for the purposes of the following legitimate interests:
- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations: compliance with ‘know your customer’ and anti-money laundering requirements including background and reference checks and requests for disclosures from a court, tribunal, authority, regulator or supervisory or governmental body;
- provision of services to you: including client management, financial management, reporting and administration;
- pursuing business opportunities: including communicating with you about potential business, partnership or career opportunities; searching and assessing potential investment and value creation opportunities for Farview and the portfolio companies we manage; conducting market due diligence or other due diligence in respect of potential or actual investment opportunities; discussing merger or acquisitions with a potential buyer or merger partner, including their advisers; arranging meetings and travel for employees, clients and others with whom with we have a business relationship;
- recruitment: including evaluating potential candidates for recruitment processes and assessing applications for employment with us or one of our portfolio companies;
- communications: : communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person), news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; responding to your enquiries and resolving your complaints; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required;
- obtaining professional services from our lawyers, accountants, consultants and auditors.
If you would like further information on how we have balanced our and others’ legitimate interests against your privacy interests, please contact email@example.com.
Who might we share personal information with?
Farview shares your information within the Farview group, including in certain circumstances, for example in relation to recruitment opportunities, our portfolio companies (details of which you can find on our website) and prospective portfolio companies.
Farview may share your information with third parties, including independent contractors or subcontractors (such as individuals who are engaged to assist Farview or its portfolio companies on specific projects), third-party IT service and software providers, agents (such as recruitment agents and corporate secretarial services agents) and other service providers (such as legal, consultancy, financing and paper archiving providers) who need to receive your information in the course of providing services for and on behalf of us for the purposes specified in this policy.
Information will only be transferred or provided to third-party providers where reasonably necessary to enable us to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that any transfer of your data will be subject to appropriate safeguards, and we will ensure you have appropriate remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
How long do we keep personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data; the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect your personal information?
Farview has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s Officer, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What rights do you have?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to, or restrict, the processing of your personal information.
We may ask questions in respect of a request from you, including to verify your identity or to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, we will explain why.
To exercise any of these rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, or the data protection regulator in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation has taken place.